Gymea Technology High School is a co-educational, comprehensive high school with a focus on 21st century teaching and learning. Opportunities in and outside the classroom inspire students to engage in their learning and strive for personal success.
Learning in this digital age that inspires collaboration, creativity, critical thinking and effective communication is the approach that underpins the direction in teaching and learning at Gymea.
Our students do some amazing things that allows them to grow both socially and academically and they are supported by quality programs to enjoy school life.
Our school is situated in the approximate geographical centre of the Sutherland Shire in Southern Sydney. It Is set in spacious and picturesque surroundings which enhances the positive and safe learning and social environment of the school. The school is well served by public transport with regular bus services to most areas and a train station, just minutes walk away.
The school is supported by a strong parent community through the P & C Association. Parents see the school as being readily accessible, supportive, a friendly and safe place for their children.
Other features of Gymea Technology High School include:
- A strong and growing reputation for academic success.
- Digital technologies integral to learning across all areas of the curriculum.
- Learning environments that support 21st century learning success.
- A wide curriculum choice integrating academic and vocational pathways.
- A specialised Computing faculty to cater for a wide range of student interests and talents.
- A strong performing arts faculty with dance, drama, vocal and band groups performing on a regular basis at school events through to state festivals and schools spectacular.
- Students participating in debating and public speaking throughout the Sydney Region.
- A community supported uniform policy.
- An active and informed Student Leadership Assembly with a wide range of leadership programs and opportunities on offer for years 7 through to 12.
- A wide variety of sporting activities, including the full range of NSW CHS sporting opportunities.
- Vocational programs that provide exploration and credentialing for pathways after school.
- A training coffee shop allowing students to gain a barista qualification while studying.