- Year 8 and 9 students will be making their elective choices for study in 2023 this term.
- To assist students and families in selecting their elective subjects, our Stage 5 Subject Selection Information session is on Tuesday 2nd August beginning at 5:00pm.
- All students will select their elective subjects online at school on Monday 8th August.
- Click here to see the interactive website that has been created to help parents understand and engage in the subject selection process.
Process for Subject Selection
It is that important time of year when students will be nominating which elective subjects they wish to study in 2023. This is the first time students have had a choice over their curriculum and pattern of study in their schooling.
To assist students and their families in selecting their Stage 5 elective subjects, our Subject Selection Information evening begins at 5:00pm on Tueday 2nd August in the school hall. Students and families can hear information about the subject selection process and advice on what to think about and look for when selecting courses for study in Stage 5.
- We will be leading students through course options at school and discussing subject selection processes with them.
- A Subject Selection Information Booklet will also be distributed to each student and is available to explore below.3
Subject Selection Website
To assist with elective choices for Year 9 and 10 in 2023 we have again launched our interactive website for parents and students to explore what is on offer and provide insight into the processes and pathways associated with making elective choices in the junior years of high school.
The interactive Stage 5 Subject Selection website for students and parents explores what is on offer for 2023 Stage 5 Electives.
Our website provides:
- Video introductions for each course
- Descriptions of individual courses.
- Screen cast information detailing subject selection processes and requirements.
- Opportunity for families to submit any questions about electives and/or processes.
We invite you to explore our Subject Selection Website by clicking on the “Explore our Elective Courses” button below: