- Year 10 students will be making their elective choices for senior study in 2022 this term.
- Given the lock down and continuation of remote learning, we will deliver the process online through the interactive website and now complemented by a live Parent Online Session, student tasks set and individual online meetings with the students.
- Click here to see the interactive website that has been created to help parents understand and engage in the subject selection process and the Higher School Certificate pathway for their child.
Online Support for Subject Selection
We are in the process of setting up the resources and processes to undertake the additional online tasks, presentations and interview process with students. The partnership with families in this process and the individual connection with students has always proven highly valuable and we will are working to bring this about even with the current lock-down.
The details of this will be updated under this heading and emailed to families once finalised.
Subject Selection Website
To assist with senior school subject selection we have launched an interactive website for parents and students to explore what is on offer for 2022 for our current year 10 students and families to navigate through.
The website provides
- Video introductions of each course.
- Descriptions of courses.
- Screen cast information on subject selection processes and HSC requirements.
- Opportunity to submit questions that we can communicate back to all families.
Helping students explore choices
- Year 10 tasks for students will lead them through processes, requirements and pathways while exploring subject choices and career pathways.
- Students will meet individually with a school executive to discuss their subject choices and engage in a planning discussion about their learning and goals for the future. Subject choices will be made individually with students during these meetings. This will be an initial choice meeting.
- To ensure we maximise the best fit for student choices, the courses that will definitely not run as a result of student choices will be removed from the selection and all students will meet again with executive staff to review their subject choices from the refined list of courses.
Please take the opportunity to view the website by clicking the ‘Explore Senior Courses’ below.